Well there always has to be a first time for everything. Mamma Erin and Bubs had their first trip to the show and joined Mamma Sammi and her crew for all the excitement. I wasn't sure how we would fair with a 2 year old semi-solo but we had a fabulous time. The smells, the sounds, the atmosphere and the animals - all a hit in Mamma's book. They do a great job on providing fun for the whole family and if you get the opportunity to go then - DO IT.
You can go if you have a budget too - you could go on the last day and there were lot's of LAST DAY specials happening and the Bertie Beetle Showbag is still only $2 bucks! There are also good value tickets available online too like - like the after 5pm super saver and other online options.
Mamma's hot tips:
- get there EARLY, gates open at 10am - it is relatively quiet and you can get your bearings and a car park if you are driving. We arrived at 9:30 and scored a spot nice and close!
- strollers and prams was an essential for this 2 year old. It provided a perfect view of the action and meant we could keep moving past the rides without distraction. Plus they provide a good place to load up your goodies and come in handy for tired little legs.
- go to the Animal Nursery as soon as its opens (both the kids and the animals are fresh and again it's not too crowded). $2 for a cup of food and those animals LOVE it!
- go to the Farmhouse Early too and check the program of activities like Cow Milking. There is also pig petting, you can watch the horses, the dog show and there is plenty of action at the Town Square stage!
- definitely pop in to the Food Pavilion - there are some amazing food stalls and plenty of great choices to choose from for kids and big people. Plus there is a food spot near the dog show and the master chef kitchen too!
- choose your budget on showbags before going and get them at the end - click here to view this years show bags
- if you go on one ride make it the Ferris Wheel for the great views!
Epsom Rd, Ascot Vale